Otago Excursion Train Trust
Father's Day Express (belated) - train trips to Waitati.
POST LOCKDOWN TRAIN RIDES
Enjoy a belated Father's Day / Post-Lockdown train ride onboard the scenic (belated) Father's Day Express to Waitati. The Otago Excursion Train Trust in support of Dunedin Railways are operating several affordable train trips for families and friends to enjoy.
We have several options available for Father's Day, see below for your options:
- Dunedin - Waitati - Dunedin - Train Trip Only (Waitati Return) (no disembarking in Waitati) 9:30am | 11:45am | 3:00pm - a 1hour 55 min return train adventure to Waitati and return with breathtaking views and rugged coastal scenery.
- Return Train Trip + Orokonui Ecosanctuary - (includes return train, bus transfers & Entry to the Orokonui Ecosanctuary ) - departs 9:30am only. Arrive back in Dunedin by train at 1:45pm approx. Check out their website: www.orokonui.nz
- Return Train Trip + Arc Brewing Co. - (includes return train and bus transfers) - departs 11:45am only - you will have to purchase your own items at the brewery - includes coach transfer to the brewery. Arrive back in Dunedin by train at 4:55pm approx. Check out their website: www.arcbrewingco.com
- Waitati - Dunedin - Waitati Return - departs Waitati at 10:15am - Arrives Dunedin 11:25am. Departs Dunedin 3:00pm and arrives Waitati 3:45pm. Allowing 3 hours to explore Dunedin (approx.)
- One way train + Arc Brewing - Return by bus - departs Dunedin at 3:00pm. Arrives at Waitati at 3:45pm. Transfers to Arc Brewing. Departing Arc Brewing at 7pm and arriving back in Dunedin 7:30pm.
CHECK IN IS 30 MINS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE ON THE DAY OF TRAVEL FROM THE DUNEDIN RAILWAY STATION. COLLECT YOUR BOARDING PASSES WHICH HAS YOUR SEATING ALLOCATION.
Tickets are limited. Tickets are Non-refundable \ Non-transferable. In the event of a Covid-19 restrictions that prevent the event from operating, tickets will be refunded in full entirety upon cancellation automatically.
Group bookings (10+ people) or enquiries please touch base with Philip on 02102995056 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fare classification: Infants 0 - 2 inclusive | Children 3 - 18 inclusive | Adults - 18+. No Gold Card or further discounts apply. Infants are not allocated a seat and will sit on the knee of an adult. For safety reasons, we only allow one infant per adult.